A Christmas campaign is one of those essential elements of your eCommerce strategy that shouldn’t be left until the last minute. It is time to prepare for this period, especially knowing that more than eight out of ten Christmas-season shoppers will look for gifts and gift ideas online before making a purchase, creating a significant opportunity for Internet retailers.
Here are some ecommerce tips that will help you to maximise basket success rate, optimise your visibility and increase your sales for this season.
1)Mobile Friendly: With over 75% of UK sales being made via mobile devices, adapting your site should be a top priority. Your site should be fun, festive and facilitate the buying process. This means that from product to purchase there should be a minimum number of clicks required for fumbling thumbs.
2) Search Engine Optimisation:Planning your Christmas SEO strategy now to get number 1 rankings for gift keywords in time for December 2015. With 3 of 10 online shoppers buying their Christmas gifts from abroad last year, this is the way to get global reach with minimal effort.
3) Catchy Adverts: During the festive season, everyone is on the lookout for the best presents and is therefore unlikely to stop at the first item they find. For this reason, the best advertising campaign to invest in this season is retargeting to remind browsers that you’re there and to get them back to your site.
4) Promotion: Great deals ensure regular web traffic, but offering limited time vouchers is a good way to get customer and prospect information for future email marketing campaigns. If they don’t buy anything, you don’t lose anything. Use social media to host games, competitions and advent calendar giveaways to attract potential customers and get them to “Like” and “Follow” you.
5) Multiple Collection Point Options: Unfortunately for most, offices don’t usually close until Christmas Eve, leaving little or no time to be in for inconvenient deliveries. By offering delivery solutions, such as Click and Collect or Doodle, and the ability to track orders, you are making it easy for your customers to shop with you.
6) Free Delivery: Increase sales with a 12% improvement on basket abandonment rates and up to 8% more items added in the first place. Offer free delivery for a limited time at the beginning of December in order to create a sense of urgency. Alternatively, offer free delivery to clients who have reached a specific spend amount.
7) Free Returns in the store: Online customer know that buying online means beating the parking nightmares, glacial temperatures and mammoth queues, giving them the ability to shop from the comfort of their sofa. However, the compromise they often have to accept is not being able to try items on or see them in the flesh before making the decision to buy. Therefore, why not offer them the best of both worlds this Christmas. Nothing will boost sales like the promise of free returns.
Use one of these 7 ways which we have show you in this post and probably your ecommerce will get more conversion, visibility and sales on this Christmas Campaign.